Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Decorating #5...House Decorations!

There are many things that can inspire you. Whether it be a magazine article you just clipped out of your favorite magazine, something someone you know says in passing one day,
or something you see during your evening stroll.  All things in this world serve a purpose and are there to inspire you and make you know there is something more out there; something that you didn't know about that could change your world! 
My inspiration for this last Halloween post stemmed from Thursday night's events.  I won't go any further without showing you a picture so you know what I am talking about:


Yup!  You guessed it!  I went to my first KISS concert!  And I LOVED IT!  What better way to kick off the Halloween weekend then with some of the best performers (and costumes) of all time!  I have a new found respect for anyone who can pull off standing and dancing in  10" platforms for 2 hours, and the members of KISS did so with such grace and agility!
   
That said, I woke up this morning with "I Wanna Rock and Roll all Night" singing to me in the background of my thoughts and used last night's concert as a push of inspiration to finish my final Halloween post for the year! Below are some of my favorite things that are sure to make your Halloween Season a bit more festive! 
 
One of the coolest things I have seen is this Steel Tub with floating apples.  It takes me back to my childhood days of bobbing for apples during Halloween.  Although I don't do much "bobbing" anymore, I still love the game and think this is a great way to keep the memory alive in your house!



This is what you will need:
Steel Tub

Apples (I like to do assorted green and red to add more color)
Tea lights
Paring knife
Lemon juice
What to do:

Every apple will float differently, so see how they balance in water before marking their topsides with a dot.
1. Place the tea light over the dot, and trace around its circumference with a paring knife, inserting the knife vertically as deep as the tea light is tall.
2. Set aside the light, cut the circle into sections, and scoop them out with a spoon.
3. Squeeze lemon juice onto the cut surface to keep the apple from turning brown, and insert a tea light. Repeat with remaining apples.


Another great idea for your Halloween party is this Pumpkin Cooler Below:


This is a real easy and very impressive idea!  All you need to do is cut about 1/4 of the top of the pumpkin off, take the insides out and add a glass bowl to the inside of the pumpkin.  You can then fill it with ice and your favorite drinks!  I would suggest getting a large pumpkin and having a few different sized bowls to try out.  Measure out the height of your bowl as well before cutting the top off the pumpkin!  




















I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these ice cubes!  You can get these at www.littlebrightlights.com and these particular ice cubes come in yellow and festive autumn orange.  Check out the website! There are some interesting things on it!



I love this centerpiece above.  It's so simple but to the point.  I actually have red berries like these in my front yard and all you need are some fall leaves and small pumpkins.  Add to a bowl and put in your kitchen or anywhere as a centerpiece.  This will take you well into Thanksgiving! 


There are two things that I especially love about Halloween...Dry Ice and Spider webs!  Above are some  spooky ways to decorate your house with these 2 elements! 



I hope everyone has a very Happy Halloween!  Now...off to get some rest!  I literally "Rock and Rolled" all night and need to get some sleep so I can continue to "Party Every Day!!!"

No comments: