Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And....We're Back!!!!

Have you ever had a moment in your life when you finally discovered and really understood what the true meaning of "going postal" was?  Some people are lucky to stroll through life and never have to stand face to face with frustration (highly unlikely though!).  And others...like myself,  stared frustration down the throat last week and I just have three words to help you understand what I went through....
Automated...Response...System!


After days of my TV and Internet playing a fun game of on again off again, I can honestly say that I am a pro at customer service and AT&T.  If anyone has any problems, I can tell you how to not only fix your TV, Internet, and phone service in just a few easy steps, but I can also recite every word to their one and only hold song performed by the beautiful Linda Ronstadt!  I can also tell you that no matter how many profanities you yell at the very polite automated man on the other end, you won't get any closer to speaking to a real human being!  Trust me...I tried it! 


Although last week was very quiet around my house, I did have some time to go through some of my favorite magazines and books and have some GREAT ideas for Christmas gifts, books and crafts for the season ahead!  I can't wait to share all of these with you!  I will probably start these before Thanksgiving since I have lots to share!  I also am working on moving my blog to Tumblr which will make it easier for me to use and give it a great new look!  This won't effect much.  I will let you know when the change happens! 

But for now, I leave you with one of my new favorite recipe's from our Junior League cookbook.  I tried this recipe out last week and got RAVE reviews.  You can't go wrong with this cake and it is so easy to make.  My house STILL smells like it and it has been a week!  This is a great cake to make for the Holiday's for a party or gift!





Kahlua Cake

1 (2-layer) package yellow cake mix

1 (3.4 oz) package chocolate instant pudding mix

4 eggs

1 c. vegetable oil

1/3 c. Kahlua

1/3 c. vodka

1/2 c. sugar

3/4 c. water


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil in a mixer bowl and beat until smooth.

Add 1/3 c. Kahlua, vodka, sugar and water and mix well; batter will be thin.

Spoon into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool in pan several minutes. Remove to serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Add a few Holly Leaves or red berries to the side of the plate for some Holiday Charm!

No comments: