Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New River, New Me!

As I have previously mentioned, I have had the honor of recently joining the New River Artisans family. New River Artisans is a custom rug company in a small town in Piney Creek North Carolina which is set back in Carolina's New River Valley. There are endless possibilities when choosing a rug design and colors.  We can execute any design and match any color resulting in a unique rug the suits each individual project flawlessly! 
You will find our rugs in high end luxury residences, embassies, commercial interiors, resorts, private aircrafts and yachts nationwide and abroad.  You can find out more about them by going to their website at www.newriverartisans.com .

New River Artisans rugs are available to the trade only which means as a representative, I have the pleasure of calling on some of the BEST designer's in the South!!!!  It's such an honor to be involved in some of the most amazing projects and to know some of the most driven, and highly respected designers out there.  They inspire me every single day to be the best that I can be!




Some of you may be thinking "Now what is an interior designer doing representing a custom rug company?".  Well, it's pretty simple (how I got to this point, not so simple but my decision was!).  When I mentioned earlier that I had the honor of joining the New River Artisans family, I have actually been part of the family for all 28 years of my life!  Leith Satterwhite, owner of New River Artisans, is my second cousin.  Gibson Satterwhite, President, is Leith's son which makes him my third cousin .  But wait!  There's more!  My mother, Carmen Martina, has been a representative for many many years (and we now work together!).  She started with the company when I was a kid and used to take me to all of her appointments.  I remember going to their showroom in Tulsa after school and getting to do inventory of the strike-offs, help her with window settings and even got to know all of the designer's she called on, including their clients which ranged from celebrities, governor's and even county music singers!  By the time I was 14, I decided that I wanted to study interior design when I got to college.  I spent the next 4 years of high school focusing my free time on interior design, putting my hands on anything and everything that had to do with it!  I even worked for a couple designers after school every day.
I can honestly say that New River Artisans is what inspired me to become a designer and how ironic is it for me to come full circle, 14 years later, and finally work for the company who inspired me so many years ago!

1 comment:

abgill said...

I'm so happy that you're so happy with joining the family business!